Bilingual Solutions for the Hispanic Market
Online Tax Research
Tax Reference Guides
Health Care Reform Online Library
ACA Webinars & Handbooks
Payroll Compliance Reporting
Quick Tax Estimator
Prepaid Card Offering
Central Office Manager
24 Hour Tech Pros
IRS Exam Prep
Taxpayer Info Line
- Stay informed during tax season — The latest news from our Customer Support team can be viewed right on the home page of the TaxWise program.
- Easily update the tax program and forms using menu options within TaxWise. Or schedule updates to be downloaded and installed during off-hours, when it won’t interfere with business.
- Safely deliver completed returns directly from TaxWise to the client’s secure folder in PortalSafe™, our cloud-based document sharing system. Your client receives an automatic email with instructions for viewing and downloading the tax return. (Requires a PortalSafe subscription)
Instant Error Checking — TaxWise checks for errors in three
- Prepare returns without a mouse by using quick keyboard shortcuts
or use the mouse to take advantage of toolbar buttons and right-click
- "Link" to supporting forms using the QuickLink™
feature OR open forms directly from the "Find a Form"
- Easily adjust the size of on-screen form text
- Open multiple instances of TaxWise, allowing you to view more than one return at a time
- Pre-load the most commonly used forms and preferences
so you only have to do it once.
- E-file one return at a time OR multiple returns of all
types together: federal, state, and requests for extensions.
- Create returns without having the SSN or ITIN; add this information once obtained.
- Entire return
Color Coding — optional color coding identifies information required for
- ZIP Codes: Enter a ZIP code and TaxWise automatically fills in the city and state.
- EINs: Enter an Employer Identification Number (EIN) once and TaxWise stores that information and automatically completes the name and address every type you enter that EIN.
- "Official" Entries: Drop-down lists show the IRS-acceptable entries where applicable. Type the first letter of the desired entry and TaxWise does the rest.
- Required entries and incomplete forms
are highlighted with red.
- Entries calculated by TaxWise are highlighted with yellow.
You can't type directly in a calculated entry or delete the
calculated value unless you override the calculation.
Forms-based Data Entry
- Calculations are made instantly with every entry.
- There are no extra buttons to push, no need to wait for a
lengthy "re-calc" process. You enter data only once.
- Data flows automatically from supporting forms to the primary
form and from federal forms to state forms.
- Our on-screen forms are instantly familiar because
they are replicas of the paper IRS forms.
- It's easy to see what the form will look like when printed
and a cinch to teach your staff how to use the program.
- K-1 data is carried automatically from business returns to the appropriate 1040 return, assuring accuracy while saving time and keystrokes.
Business Asset Worksheet
Customized Forms List
- Easy entry of fixed asset information.
- Program automatically selects recommended depreciation methods based on an asset type.
- 19 depreciation methods pre-calculated.
- Simplify tax prep by removing seldom or never-used forms
from the forms list.
- "Use Private Forms" enables you to customize the
Find a Form screen to suit your tax practice.
- Warnings of possible inconsistencies in tax information.
- A list of overridden entries.
- Electronic filing errors - The red text is a hyperlink to
the form that needs correction.
- A summary of the return, including forms to be filed, AGI, tax, refund or balance due
- Context-sensitive help is available for each line as you
move through the forms
- Help is just a hotkey away!
- Press F1 for TaxWise program help.
- Press Shift+F1 for IRS instructions.
- Access IRS Pub. 17 and the TaxWise User Guide from the toolbar.
- There's lots of valuable data built into TaxWise,
- Business codes
- Amortization codes
- W2 codes
- 1099 codes
- Use one of our standard reports or create your own.
- Our open database compliant (ODBC) format allows you to track returns and analyze data using spreadsheets and reports you create with software such as:
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft® Access
- Microsoft® Excel
- Track Return Status —You can quickly check the status
of any return without leaving the return you are currently working
- Automatic Updates — Your database is updated every
time you connect to our Electronic Filing Center.
- ODBC Compliant — Database information can be used directly
by database, spreadsheet, and report writing applications.
- Restrict access to critical tasks such as transmitting returns
and check printing with Security Manager.
- Control which actions each person in your office can perform.
- Pasword-protect each preparer's returns. The administrator has access to all passwords
in case a password is forgotten.
- Lock per-form prices so they can’t be accidentally changed.
- Don't worry about losing all your client data when you switch to TaxWise.
Conversion software is available for most competitors’ tax programs.
- Click here for a list of available software
- Compiles data from the client's current return and two previous
returns for comparison.
- Includes gross income, AGI, itemized deductions (with comparison
to national averages), exemptions, credits, tax paid and refunds.
- A 'get organized' tool for your client and a direct-mail promotion
for your tax office.
Carry Forward of Prior Year Data
- Help your clients avoid a balance due by estimating next
year's tax and adjusting withholding.
- Print a W-4 form your clients may submit to employers to
change withholding status, amounts and exemptions.
Custom Client Letters and Organizers
- Copy relevant client data from last year's return into the
current return, saving time and keystrokes.
- Bring forward taxpayer name, address, dependents, Depreciation
Worksheets, capital loss carryovers, and other amounts.
- Tax form defaults can also be carried forward from year to
year so you don't have to re-type information such as your name,
firm name, address, and phone.
Automatic Billing — Calculate your fees on the basis of:
- Print a letter containing data from your client's return.
- Choose a standard letter from the templates provided, or
customize the text and create your own template.
- Create custom organizers to mail to clients prior to the tax
season. Or convert the organizer to a PDF file and e-mail it
to the client.
- Time working in the return, or
- Number and type of forms and worksheets, or
- Both time and forms.
- Easily adjust the amount billed by a dollar amount or percentage
of the total.
- Print the invoice with the return
"What if" Mode
- Test any number of hypothetical tax scenarios for your clients.
- Save test scenarios for future reference or replace data in the current return with the new information.
- Useful as a planning and advisory tool for clients who can accelerate and delay income, deductions or capital expenditures.
Married Filing Separate / Married Filing Joint status tax optimization
- For married taxpayers, TaxWise computes federal tax liability using both joint and separate filing statuses.
- The filing status scenario with the lowest tax is presented.
- Preparers have the option to automatically generate separate tax returns for each spouse, as desired.