Bilingual Solutions for the Hispanic Market
Total Office Bundle
Tax Reference Guides
Payroll Compliance Reporting
Quick Tax Estimator
Prepaid Card Offering
Central Office Manager
24 Hour Tech Pros
IRS Exam Prep
Taxpayer Info Line
Instant Error Checking — TaxWise checks for errors in three
- Prepare returns without a mouse by using quick keyboard shortcuts
or use the mouse to take advantage of toolbar buttons and right-click
- "Link" to supporting forms using the QuickLink
feature OR open forms directly from the "Find a Form"
- Easily adjust the size of on-screen form text
- Open multiple instances of TaxWise, allowing you to view more than one return at a time
- Pre-load the most commonly used forms and preferences
so you only have to do it once.
- E-file one return at a time OR multiple returns of all
types together: federal, state, and requests for extensions.
- Create returns without having the SSN or ITIN, add this information once obtained.
- Entire return
Color Coding — optional color coding identifies information required for
- ZIP Codes: Enter a ZIP code and TaxWise automatically fills in the city and state.
- EINs: Enter an Employer Identification Number (EIN) once and TaxWise stores that information and automatically completes the name and address every type you enter that EIN.
- "Official" Entries: Drop-down lists show the IRS-acceptable entries where applicable. Type the first letter of the desired entry and TaxWise does the rest.
- Required entries, incomplete forms and incomplete returns
are highlighted with red.
- Entries calculated by TaxWise are highlighted with yellow.
You can't type directly in a calculated entry or delete the
calculated value unless you override the calculation.
Forms-based Data Entry
- Calculations are made instantly with every entry.
- There are no extra buttons to push, no need to wait for a
lengthy "re-calc" process. You enter data only once.
- Data flows automatically from supporting forms to the primary
form and from federal forms to state forms.
- Our on-screen forms are instantly familiar because
they are replicas of the paper IRS forms.
- It's easy to see what the form will look like when printed
and a cinch to teach your staff how to use the program.
- K-1 data is carried automatically from business returns to the appropriate 1040 return, assuring accuracy while saving time and keystrokes.
Intelligent Fixed Asset Manager
Customized Forms List
- Easy entry of fixed asset information with built-in tax intelligence
- Program automatically selects recommended depreciation methods based on an asset type
- 19 depreciation methods pre-calculated
- Simplify tax prep by removing seldom or never-used forms
from the forms list.
- "Use Private Forms" enables you to customize the
Find a Form screen to suit your tax practice.
- Warnings of possible inconsistencies in tax information.
- A list of overridden entries.
- Electronic filing errors - The red text is a hyperlink to
the form that needs correction.
- A summary of the return, including forms to be filed, AGI, tax, refund or balance due
- Context-sensitive help is available for each line as you
move through the forms
- Help is just a hotkey away!
- Press F1 for TaxWise program help.
- Press Shift-F1 for IRS instructions.
- There's lots of valuable data built into TaxWise,
- Business codes
- Amortization codes
- W2 codes
- 1099 codes
- Sales Tax deduction lookup table
- Use one of our standard reports or create your own.
- Our open database compliant (ODBC) format allows you to track returns and analyze data using spreadsheets and reports you create with software such as:
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft® Access
- Microsoft® Excel
- Track Return Status —You can quickly check the status
of any return without leaving the return you are currently working
- Automatic Updates — Your database is updated every
time you connect to our Electronic Filing Center.
- ODBC Compliant — Database information can be used directly
by database, spreadsheet, and report writing applications.
- Restrict access to critical tasks such as transmitting returns
and check printing with Security Manager.
- Control which actions each person in your office can perform including the restriction of pricing sheet editing.
- In addition, each preparer's returns can be password-protected
for security. The administrator has access to all passwords
in case a password is forgotten.
- Don't worry about losing all your client data when you switch to TaxWise.
Conversion software is available for most tax packages.
- Click here for a list of available software
- Compiles data from the client's current return and two previous
returns for comparison.
- Includes gross income, AGI, itemized deductions (with comparison
to national averages), exemptions, credits, tax paid and refunds.
- A 'get organized' tool for your client and a direct-mail promotion
for your tax office.
Carry Forward of Prior Year Data
- Help your clients avoid a balance due by estimating next
year's tax and adjusting withholding.
- Print a W-4 form your clients may submit to employers to
change withholding status, amounts and exemptions.
Custom Client Letters
- Copy relevant client data from last year's return into the
current return, saving time and keystrokes.
- Bring forward taxpayer name, address, dependents, Depreciation
Worksheets, capital loss carryovers, and other amounts.
- Tax form defaults can also be carried forward from year to
year so you don't have to re-type information such as your name,
firm name, address, and phone.
Automatic Billing — Calculate your fees on the basis of:
- Print a letter containing data from your client's return.
- Choose a standard letter from the templates provided, or
customize the text and create your own template.
- Create custom organizers to mail to clients prior to the tax
season. Or convert the organizer to a PDF file and e-mail it
to the client.
- Time working in the return, or
- Number and type of forms and worksheets, or
- Both time and forms.
- Easily adjust the amount billed by a dollar amount or percentage
of the total.
- Print the invoice with the return
"What if" Mode
- Test any number of hypothetical tax scenarios for your clients.
- Save test scenarios for future reference or replace data in the current return with the new information.
- Useful as a planning and advisory tool for clients who can accelerate and delay income, deductions or capital expenditures.
Married Filing Separate / Married Filing Joint status tax optimization
- For married taxpayers, TaxWise computes federal tax liability using both joint and separate filing statuses.
- The filing status scenario with the lowest tax is presented.
- Preparers have the option to automatically generate separate tax returns for each spouse, as desired.
- TaxWise supports the preparation of the Partnership Income Tax Return (Form 480.10) and Corporation Income Tax Return (Form 480.20) in both English and Spanish formats.
- TaxWise supports electronic filing for the Minnesota M1PR form for property taxes.
- As part of the IRS Modernized e-file program, electronically files Forms 1120, 1120S, and 1065 can be transmitted with certain PDF attachments. This option is available for Alabama, Georgia, and Kansas returns.